Nowadays, the digital world has changed the meaning of the most basic gadgets. Your phones aren’t just used to make phone calls and take pixelated pictures anymore. In this Product Tube review, we’ll show you how you can make easy dollars wherever you are, sometimes even from the comfort of your home.
While businesses make a profit, people like us can sit and make product review videos to earn a decent amount every month. But is this really what you heard it to be? Is it worth it?
We can assume many questions like these must be swarming around in your mind right now. Same with me; I want to know if I can use Product Tube to help me achieve my 2021 income goals.
I recently read from a good blogger that Product Tube is an underrated side hustle we should try.
Let’s go over Product Tube’s pros and cons along with details on how it works and how you can become a Product Tube user.
What is Product Tube?
As the name suggests, with Product Tube, you create videos for products. Product Tube is an app for consumer research firms that pay freelancers $5 to $35 for making 2 to 3-minute product review videos.
Users of the app sometimes need to physically go to a shop and buy specific products, such as shampoo at Walmart, and review why and how they decided to make this purchase.
Sometimes users simply sit at home and record a short video reviewing a product on their phone camera.
All in all, Product Tube is an online awards app that gives you opportunities to earn through your phone without too much effort.
Is Product Tube Legit?
Although I haven’t used Product Tube yet, based on my research the company is clearly legit.
How Do You Make Money With Product Tube?
You’ve got to admit; Product Tube does sound interesting. But what’s the catch, you may ask? Well, hear me out; it’s as simple as it sounds, but you can’t be too shy because you have to take videos of yourself while giving an opinion about a product.
Product Tube is available to anyone with an iOs or Android mobile device. Once you have signed up for the app, you will be presented with multiple dashboard projects. From there, you will be given a set of instructions to follow.
In Product Tube, you can either make in-store videos or at-home product reviews. Here is how you can make money using each method:
- Sign in to ProductTube.com and take on a project through an email
- Whenever you want to go and shop for a specific product mentioned in the app, take your phone with you
- Read and follow the instructions for that particular store clearly
- Hold your phone and start narrating why you bought the product, what you think about the pricing, packaging, and your general shopping habits
- Once you are done with the video, upload the product review video on ProductTube.com and wait for the approval
At-Home Product Review
- You will be given a project notification in your email to indicate you to record a review
- Read and follow the instructions on how to make the video
- Make a 1 to a 2-minute video talking about your experience with the product you bought
- Upload the video to Product Tube, but bear in mind that it needs to fit into Product Tube’s video criteria; if it doesn’t, your video would be rejected.
- If needed, you will be asked to make follow up product reviews for an additional incentive.
Staff from the app will generally contact you to make an at-home product review video of a product you bought when you created your in-store video.
How Much Money Can You Make With Product Tube?
You can make from $5 to $50 per project, depending on the video’s length.
The website claims that you can “Make $50 to $80 for 1 hour of effort per month”. This is simply false advertising, which unfortunately is very common nowadays.
Perhaps they meant that you could make $50 to $80 for 1 hour of video recorded. They don’t tell you that before you upload a 2-minute video, you may have to get to the store, find the product, answer questions, etc.
Just like any other freelance work, the amount of money you make will depend on the number of opportunities you get on your dashboard and finally accept.
Basically, you don’t just sit around and get to choose any project you want; rather you will be notified every time your Product Tube wants you to review a product for them.
Not just that, even if you made the video, but your review didn’t live up to the Product Tube’s criteria, i.e., clear video quality and audible dialogues – you will still not get paid. The best way to make sure you get paid for your hard work is to shoot in a location that is not crowded and has good lighting.
How Do You Sign Up for Product Tube?
You have to live in the US to be able to sign up for Product Tube. You also need to be 18 or older to register. However, if you are between 13 to 17, there is no problem signing up with your parent or legal guardian’s consent.
Once you know you are eligible to register, download the app and fill out your registration details. You will be asked to verify your membership through your email. From there, you can log in to the dashboard either from your desktop or mobile app, as per your preference.
The dashboard consists of numerous video projects, each with a set of instructions and requirements for you to do. Browse through the projects to choose the suitable one for you.
After choosing a project, film your video using the instructions mentioned above or in the app and upload it through the desktop or mobile app.
How Do You Get Paid?
Unfortunately, the only way you get paid is through Amazon e-gift cards. You need at least $5 to redeem your Amazon gift cards. If you are a high performer, you choose higher amounts, for example, $5, $10, $15, or $50.
Although having only one method makes the app a lot easier to handle, it can surely have its own downsides if you want to withdraw money in cash. I personally like to work for cash; so Paypal cash is my preferred way to get paid.
What People Think of Product Tube
I have not used Product Tube yet, mostly because they don’t pay cash, which is a big turn off for me. But I’d like to see what other people think in case I decide to use it in the future.
App Store Ratings and Reviews
The App Store rating is 4.7 out of 5 with 59 ratings. Although they don’t have many ratings to be so popular, the rating is very good.
Some people complain about the app being buggy with issues uploading videos. Others claim they didn’t get paid despite doing the required job.
All in all, most reviews are positive. You can read all the App Store reviews here.
Google Play Ratings and Reviews
The rating in Google Play is a little worse than the App Store, 4.3 out of 5 with 978 ratings.
Most of the complaints are related to the app not working well. Some complained about not being paid for work done. You can read all the Google Play reviews here.
Does Product Tube Have an Affiliate Program?
As of my review Product Tube has a referral program, but I couldn’t find much information on it. Some old Reddit review notes that you make $5 per referral, but I haven’t been able to validate that.
My Experience with Product Tube
How Much Money Have I Made With Product Tube?
I have not made any money with Product Tube yet. Anyhow things may change in the future and may use Product Tube. [Updated January 9, 2021]
Every blog post I write is based on many hours of research. I also like to test every side hustle I review when possible. You may also want to see how much money I have made from the beginning. And may also want to take a look at the quarterly income reports.
Ratings and Conclusion
|Overall Rating for Product Tube||★||★||–||–||–|
If you have read this far, chances are you’ve probably made up your mind about Product Tube. If this whole review can be boiled to a few words, it would be: Yes, Product Tube is 100% legitimate.
I don’t think I will use this platform as I don’t like to do product reviews and like to be paid in cash. There are similar product review offers with Field Agent and I rarely complete them. I have use Field Agent a lot (made over $2,000 last year).
However, Product Tube may very well be a good gig for you if you like to do product reviews and don’t mind getting paid with Amazon e-gift cards.
- Can Be Used On Mobile Phones – unlike many other websites that make work hectic by making your transfer your videos on a desktop, Product Tube allows you to upload products straight from your mobile when you are on the go.
- Fun And Simple To Use And Earn – you don’t have to be tech-savvy to use an app as simple as Product Tube. The website/app is built to keep user-friendliness in mind.
- Decent Rewards – keeping their payment method aside, for an app that lets you simply shop, share your opinion and earn at the same time; $5 to $50 Amazon gift cards are a decent amount.
- You Can’t Shop Everywhere – with this app, you don’t get to choose which store to buy the specific product from. And if the shop is not nearby, is it really worth it to drive that long for a few bucks?
- Technical Complications With The App – reportedly, the app is glitchy to use and has poor support service.
- Limited Earning Opportunities – you need to admit this, it can be tedious to make product review videos all the time.
My #1 recommendation is Wealthy Affiliate. I joined Wealthy Affiliate in September 2019, and I’m thrilled that I made that decision.
As a beginner entrepreneur, it is hard not to get distracted with multiple priorities. The Online Entrepreneur Certification offered by Wealthy Affiliate makes you stay focus by taking you step by step through a total of 50 lessons as you complete your website within your chosen niche.
Let me assure you that Wealthy Affiliate is not a shady online program. I would not be a member of a scam and would not recommend it if I thought it was not legit.
📖 Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think.